Saturday, March 22, 2014

Stuffed Lasagna Shells

How about we talk about a serious taste of heaven? I recently saw this recipe roaming around the internet, and I had to give it a try. The recipe will be below, so first enjoy all these pictures of these amazing little guys.
Enjoy!
So here is how it went...
I started out with a pound of ground beef, chopped about half an onion, three garlic cloves, three little sweet peppers, half a cup of cilantro, about a tablespoon of  olive oil, a table spoon of Salsa Lizano (this is the secret weapon of every Costa Rican--this is optional) a pinch of salt and a little pack of Goya Sazon. I let this cook for a couple of minutes, and was constantly stirring it.
Once it was cooked I decided to add more peppers and cilantro, the more flavor the better. 
While I had the meat cooking I had the shells in the water as well, I made about 24 shells. 
The only preppin' I had left before the stuffin' was the sauce. Now, I like to opt for home made sauces, but today I felt like being lazy so I used a jar of Bertolli's tomatoe & basil sauce. I chopped half an onion, two garlic cloves and a little cilantro, I then sauteed it and added the sauce. I let this sit for a couple of minutes.
I stuffed the shells and added spinach to some, just to add some healthy stuff to it. I cover the shells in sauce and then top them off with cheese...lots and lots of cheese.
I put these in the oven for a couple of minutes, just to let the cheese melt and get a little golden color to it. 
This took me about half an hour maybe, if you have everything going on at once and are able to keep an eye on everything it should not take too long. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye