Monday, April 21, 2014

Peachy Cake

I hope everyone had a good Easter! Sorry I have been MIA for a couple of weeks now, I have been so busy lately, and that it will continue to be like that for the next two weeks. This semester has flown by, it's crazy. 
this year for Easter I decided to make something. It is my first year in three years that I do not work on Easter. Luckily I got two Easters this year. My boyfriend's mom invited me over for Sunday, and Saturday my family celebrated it, since it was one of those days that we could actually get the family together. It all worked out perfectly, until I decided to use spray butter instead of actually buttering the pans...my cakes fell apart and I had to re do it all over again. Yes, I was mad & frustrated but I think everything worked out nicely in the end. 
The recipe was inspired by 10thkitchen & and the actual cake recipe I cannot remember where I got it from, but I threw a couple things together and it worked out nicely! At least I'd like to think so.


For the cake:
**I made two cakes so I doubled everything below...
I bought a cake mix from a natural food market near me & used 2 1/2 cups of it.
1 cup of peach extract
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1/3 cup of coconut oil 
3 eggs

I separated the egg yolks and the whites, I whisked the egg whites until they formed peaks. I blended everything together & then folded in the egg whites. This made the cake a lot fluffier!
This was in the oven for about 18 minutes or so in 350 degrees, I was constantly checking on it because I was too anxious! OH and do not forget to butter da pan... things will go butter if you do!

For the Icing:
8 oz of cream cheese
1 3/4 cup of heavy cream
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla

**The trick to know when the icing is good is when it starts to form peaks, or when the icing stays on the cake spatula without sliding off. **

I filled in the cake with teeny tiny pieces of peaches, yes I cut them up really small. The own juice from the peaches got into the cake and it made it pretty moist, but not to the point where it was saggy! 

I hope you've enjoyed this post, I will try to be more active this week. I got some good ideas & I will have the whole weekend to do a whole lot of cooking!






No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye