Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Tea Cup Candles

These are such a cute idea for a gift, I had Mother's Day in mind. So I decided to embark on an adventure to find cute tea cups for this little project. I went to a thrift store near me and I had no luck. So I went to Home Goods & Marshall's and still had no luck. The last place I went to was Teaberry's, a tea room near me. They have a little retail store and in there I found these gorgeous tea cups that I absolutely fell in love with. They are bone china so of course they are going to be a little pricey, but that was okay with me. 
I stopped at Michaels and got some supplies there. It's really a very easy thing to do, if I can do it... anyone can do it.  
I got some wax adhesive, but you can use a hot glue gun. I tried it and it works the same. 

I got these little guys, they were perfect for the height of the tea cups, and they were pretty cheap as well. Under five dollars!


Can we just talk about how cute these are!

You're going to want to clean the teacups before you do anything, take away any dust if there is any. Then you'll want to pop the wicks on and start melting the wax.
Now, I absolutely love candles... but once they get to the point where they wont burn anymore I usually take the left over wax and put it aside for things like this! I had the water boiling then put my cup to hang from the side so the wax would melt... it takes a couple of minutes, and I was constantly moving it around so it would melt faster. 
I did layer theses, I thought once they started to burn and melt it would look cool once the wax begins to mix. Now, don't do the same mistake I did and cut the wick so short. But hey, on the bright side it will still work!



No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye